Monday, December 26, 2016

The Road to Mirage, Week 6

I hope you all had a happy Christmas, readers! As for me, my Wizard101 experience had been sparse at best and frustrating at worst. I had some obligations to my other non-online games and I also had some other issues: After all, the Spiral just became more dangerous for my little Diviner, Destiny. Being the most glass of glass cannons in magic terms is NOT a fun thing, but the "cannon" part was way too tempting to her, so she rolled with it.

 


Needless to say, this is the one wizard I funded the most with my real cash - the Level 120 henchmen are worth every crown. I would have just ignored the pet quest for my Kraken pet had it not been for these guys. (And yes, I will have to buy more crowns to keep up the addiction.)


First off, I decided to spend all day Tuesday(until my dentist appointment) getting through the rest of Zafaria. It wasn't too hard with Sierra's help, just four annoying mini-bosses, a dungeon which ended in a mob fight, and then MIRROR LAKE.

Yeah, I got a LOT of rare Xmas drops in Mirror Lake - including three Xmas pets(and a Nutcracker which I had always wanted because it has Fairy Friend as a talent) and two Xmas aquariums. WTF, Spiral?!?! O_O
Mirror Lake was dealt with the same way I dealt with all other dungeons after Dragonspyre - I teamed up with strong strangers. :) After that, it was time to head to the next world, Avalon, which is now tied with Zafaria as my favorite world.

The Death Skullrat minion really saved my bacon against the Good Jade Oni. Life isn't weak!
After getting the quest to learn about the Council of Light, I put away my wand and hat for the rest of the week - I had to platinum inFAMOUS Second Son on Wednesday and took my Pokemon games and Adventures of Mana to Houston for a night to open gifts and have lunch with my little sister and her son. I gave MJ a lovely Popplio plushie thanks to my dad's investigative powers of Amazon. ^_^


One of the gifts I got was a Gamestop Card... which immediately went to Pokemon Moon #2. Sorry, no Mirage Bundle. Not like I care, those bundle houses are Mudbray dookie anyways and took expensive for their rewards. :(

Worst solo battle ever, this was the lowest my HP was... and I got knocked out by the next hit! (However, KI updated so you don't automatically lose if you have a minion, so the Life minion saved Destiny for a terrible fate.)
Time to take on the wilds of Avalon! I did manage to get Destiny knighted as a Squire before leaving for my sister's place and got the first Avalon spell... which is complete GARBAGE, but...


It had to be done to get the second Avalon spell quest, which gives Destiny her own storm-type healing spell. Yep, it's as random as Wild Bolt...



But Wild Bolt can surprise you. :) (And yes, I know this is Tempest, but just showing how uber Tempest can be with enough buffs.)

Tested this Anti-Santa guy out... never using it again. :\
The day I got back from Houston(I got back a little past noon, to my surprise), I got on Wiz and knocked out Destiny's promotion to Armiger quickly. Caer Lyon is pretty small and if you ignore sidequests can be done in a day.

 

The Wild, however, was not so short or simple - first you have to do a dungeon to rescue a knight (luckily, I wasn't as dumb as Zenmaster B and got the potion puzzle correct so I skipped one boss fight; as a plus, Destiny's attack deck now has a protocol against Storm mobs now) and someone whined about needing help in the Savannah. I was trying to get over my car lag so I stopped playing for the rest of the day after that.

 

On Christmas Eve I finally got to the Winter Wyrm but didn't fight him until Christmas Day due to the fact that I was restless - I had to go to Midnight Mass and then I had to go to bed after getting back. It was three AM when I got to sleep, so I overslept and woke up at 11 AM on Christmas Day.

Hey, nice head dude. XD
 
 
After presents and holly, I did get some Wiz time before Christmas Dinner(which happened at 9 PM because my sister Ruth works the night shift as a candy-striper at the local hospital) and finally helped build a war ostrich(???), find a minstrel's lute, and was set on the path to one of the two obstacles to completing the story of this world and gaining Azteca... The Jabberwock.

And nobody was insane enough to fight him on Christmas Day. Figures. :(

This is my first wizard who actually got max gold! Those junk gear drops in Avalon are worth a LOT.
 
"Twas a long, hard, bloody road... and I had to rely on a double-wizard and a Level 120 Storm Minion to save my hide."
As you can tell, my attempts to get help for the Jabberwock had me teamed up against a group that died to the fiend's Uber Meteor Strike. I realized that super bosses like this can't be blitzed through, you have to have a specific deck setup... and a lot of Crowns. KI has found the means to force us to pay money; make enemies with stupid gimmicks that cannot be cleared by bum-rushing. I'm down to 1900 crowns now because I used some to restitch my robe, as it's not seasonal to wear a Santa Robe on the day AFTER Christmas.

I eventually reached the Wyrd and got to the Tomb of the Nameless Knight... but I had to go buy food in 15 minutes and after that I swore I'd work on my platinum trophies, so that was it for Wizard101 that day and the last day of the week. Have a Merry Quest-mas and a happy New Year! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment