Monday, December 19, 2016

The Road to Mirage, Week 5


We actually started on Day 27, because of technical difficulties. Anyways, Destiny had her first run-in with Morganthe(who was kind enough not to smear our young Diviner's guts all over the Chancel floor) and that basically ended the cinematic zooms as Zafaria and Avalon didn't have any. :( Here's hoping for more cinematic zooms added in Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca when KI promotes the third new world(probably Empyrea, it has to be).



With that and the Trial of the Spheres(with the help of two nice young Necromancers up to Mithraya), Celestia was in the books and it was time to sweat it out in the jungles of Zafaria. Just kidding, this is one of my favorite worlds - it's the borderline between decent and Nintendo Hard when we hit Avalon, where even the mobs gets four powers pips out of the gate. It's nice to hear Inyanga Whitestripes say jambo to you for the first time all over again, and help Koyate Ghostmane out again... even if the Spirit Caller drums take FOREVER to craft. Even with the recipes nerfed, getting 18 Sunstones was NOT easy - I was very lucky someone decided to Wonder Trade their stash to the Bazaar so I could get enough so the Sandstone transmutes filled it out.

Destiny and Sierra started their journey into the Savannah, and Destiny started her collection of ingredients for those two blasted Spirit Caller Drums to become Legendary. Not like it matters - the Storm Lore Spell, Catalan, is completely manure compared to Deer Knight. :p


Sadly, expect to see a lot of the horned helm for a while - Waterworks was not kind and refused to cough up anything other than the slightly weaker Skyscream Shoes. Still, Destiny took them as they boosted her power pip % and damage for a loss of 1% universal resist. Pet hatching was still not kind as the third egg had the stinking May Cast Ice Trap from the pet's grandfather. (Sierra's Armament with Fairy Friend was hatched with Christina Dawnblade's Armament whose grandfather had May Cast Ice Trap. Bleh!) And the Wintertusk crafted hood has only 4% Universal Resist while this helm we got from Vestrilund has 6%.


At least we got a much better mod for it - the new holiday pack(Winter Wonder) gave a nice little ice shard hat so Destiny doesn't look like a viking. As for the Santa suit, well, it's Christmas in the Spiral, why not? Besides...


I FINALLY GOT THE SKYSCREAM ROBE! (Yep, modded the Santa Robe into it for the looks.)

This shot was just after Sierra used Satyr and the other Myth took out the big guy

Sadly, it didn't help jack against Poseidon, who completely raped Destiny after she tried to do some damage. Storm Wizards have met their match against the Kingfisher God, which dispels all Feints and Storm Prisms. (cries) Luckily my alt, Sierra, healed her as the others in the group(another Storm and Myth combo which I abandoned as they wanted to fight the Sand Squid, not having it now!) took Poseidon down. At least I got a couple of helpers. NEVER DOING THIS DUNGEON AGAIN. X(



 

With that out of the bag, I did not spend much of this week in-game; it WAS Xmas after all and that meant road trip to my little sister's place in the next city to open gifts so my little neph could have pictures to remember me by long after I am cremated. But I did manage to clean up Stone Town, Waterfront and the Drum Jungle, finally getting into the Elephant Graveyard, the last main area of Zafaria. I was spending time farming Sandstone with my Death Alt in the account, but...


Natalie's search for Sunstone harvests was slim pickin' at best. :(

I decided it would be better to wait until Destiny could use the Stiela herself before I finished Legendary Crafting. That or hope for lucky RNG. I did re-install MapleStory because of the awesome new update that gives a fifth job level but I am trying to avoid playing that until I can set a schedule so all my games get some attention. I haven't even finished the story of Pokemon Sun/Moon yet!

Well, ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment