Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Road to Mirage, Week 4

Week 3 of the Road to Mirage ended just before my birthday. Week 4 starts with my 44th year of existence, and boy howdy are we moving! I made an effort not to do any sidequests that involve combat until I completed the world so I could get to the end, have a bit of challenge, and be ready for the next world. Now that worlds don't care if you do their sidequests or not, it's only viable to do them if they don't get in the way, like the Zeke Scavenger Hunts(I need the Training Points badly) or the history quests(since I'll be in the neighborhoods anyway). I also do parts of sidequests that don't involve battle, like searching for rare and exotic items or talking to NPCs. I'll get to the battling later.


Not like it matters much... now that Destiny has reached Grandmaster Artisan level.


Of course, I had to rope and cannibalize my poor Necromancer and Sorcerer to get the reagents - I forgot that the Grandmaster recipe I needed to complete was the first involving the Dread Reagent, Sunstone. X( Natalie Owlwraith spent two hours of real time getting enough Sandstone and lucky drops to get the six Sunstone for the Seal of the Seven Seas. She also got harassed by Babbage's castle magic, but she ain't for that s***. (Considering that's she nerfed to gardener and gatherer now. I know I should try to get her to Mirage but man, I don't like Khrysalis.)


But all in all, Destiny finally got her universal resist... robe. Yep, the only gear I crafted was the Chief's Garb of Gales. Destiny's Puppeteer Boots(a rare drop from Marleybone) and Grizzled Helm(which she got early in Austrilund) give far more universal resist at the cost of Storm-related goodies. I also bought the Garnet Bear Claw and Ring of Battle recipes, but the former needs more freaking Sunstones. Argh! Still, 18% resist across all boards is nothing to sneeze at...


Considering that she REALLY needs to reduce damage from spells... THIS is how badly she came out of that one fight with Mimir Winterbane!!! O_O

The goons in Celestia are not going to be kind to her if she continues wearing Malistaire's Wraps. :(


It seems that the Daily Assignments are giving out holiday-themed items now - Destiny got this halo hat just for visiting the Wizard City athame shop. ^_^

More birds than you can shake a stick at.
Oh come on! I got rid of you, you ugly crow! X(

Seriously, this is all Wintertusk was, just spamming the Colossus.

The birthday was spent completing Wintertusk and avoiding all sidequest but picking them up for later. I was surprised by the Sons of Ymir dropping the Delectable Hooves, part of the Ninja Pig costume. It was great because it boosts Destiny's energy and gave 7% universal resist, one better than the Puppetmaster Shoes she had.


I also crafted the robe, but not the boots or hat - their universal resist was actually worse than the Delectable Hooves and Grizzled Helm. So I only had the Storm Trap item card. (This was actually from before Nastrond, so ignore the boots.)

I never realized how creepy her smile was until they gave a close-up. O_o
THIS GUY. (Claims three easy training points)
I speak for the trees! NOT! :p
I know a good plumber, and he's good at stomping on fish too. ^_^
After that, the rest of the week was basically Celestia-Celestia-Celestia and Waterworks runs. (I'm not crazy enough to challenge Tower of the Helephant, even with my Exalted Wizards! The first encounter there is a cheat-gimmick boss which can rekt you if you fizzle a lot. Also, still not doing Briskbreeze yet. I'm not confident, even with my new gear.)

Destiny: "No, it wasn't washing my hands which makes me angry... WHY DID YOU NOT WARN ME?!!" X(
Destiny: "Nice sea serpent, I don't taste good." O_O
 I also got the Leviathan spell, but not the Kraken egg. To say that Storm Wizards have the roughest time with their Level 58 Spell Boss fight is being kind - even with the boss being Fire(and thus weak to Storm), Destiny was defeated no less than two times. I had to spam Wild Bolt to get rid of the damn ninja pig servant, and it luckily got the best RNG. Then it was just mano-a-mano with Khai Tangiri until he was roast beef.

So with that, I bid you adieu for the week. See you in a couple of weeks!

PROGRESS: Doing well. The help Sierra provides is getting more and more prominent - no longer can I just spam Tempest; bosses have health in the 3000+ range.

No comments:

Post a Comment